RSS button is gone in address bar
In firefox 3 if a site has rss it was shown in the address bar. Now this feature doesn't exist. Why Mozilla foundation acting like an asshole?
Additional System Details
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Google Update
- Flatcast Viewer Plugin 22.214.171.1244
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Office Live Update v1.4
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Because the RSS button is the least clicked button in our UI. When you want to use it, you know that you want to use it, so we don't need to show it all the time.
It's still available, but in the bookmarks menu instead.
Unfortunately, most people don't use RSS. I am a big RSS user myself, but I'm in the minority.
— Alexander Limi, Firefox UX Team
If you really want it back: this extension
@Limi; I read it before Limi but when I surf to a page that icon was helping us to see if the page has RSS. Now you hide it from eyes.
@Cww; I know that addon. That's not a solution. You and me can add it but a newbea wouldn't know what an RSS is.
Is Mozilla Foundation trying to act like Microsoft? Is it trying to end RSS? This change really lost my sympathy to Firefox.