Can I add a button next to the location bar (just like the Home-button) that will open a new tab?
In Firefox 3 there was a button that would open a new tab. This button was next to my location bar (next to the home, refresh, etc buttons), and also usable when I didn't have any tabs open (unlike the + on the tabbar, which is only there when I turn on my tabbar). Although there is a button I can add that will open a new window, I would like to know if it is possible to have similar button that will open a new tab.
There's a New Tab button in the Customize Palette, just move it to where you want it.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.0.2, copyright 1996-2009 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
There's a New Tab button in the Customize Palette, just move it to where you want it.
You're right, thanks! Only reason I couldn't find it was because it was already on a toolbar, in the far corner of my screen.