Every time I search i get this message Error: Page cannot be displayed. Please contact service provider for more details. (6)
It doesn't matter if I uninstall moxilla and reinstall it. I cannot search at all. I only get this message ,Error: Page cannot be displayed. Please contact service provider for more details. (6)
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
Please provide more information about what you are trying to do is the problem with
- searching by directly opening a search engine, eg Google.
- Which one are you trying ?
- What is the url/link that you are actually using to search ?
- does http://www.google.com <-- click on the link --- work ?
- using Search the web from the Address Bar
- using the Search bar - Easily choose your favorite search engine
- see also What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
i have tried searching Google, Bing, and no matter where i search or what i search for, it shows my search results for a split second and then switches to a plain white window with that error at the top. this is the URL http://fiosearch.com/?fp=MMA1nJy%2BOJ1pQPiUiEt75kl%2Bs%2BJcYgO1kAx%2BwEZGaO187H10HKSr3HlWld0bVMDj%2F7tt6KCL4h8A8vGQjZj96w%3D%3D&prvtof=8F0GC3zXoIOiJRmRGLICNBBayP05VPgwYZ%2FrJ3QACUxckbj7bjmMpTX6njZNR3J95zmMsF5Kkmky%2BmuJX74MJrnwUWQY21BpBWZiZhcem9OFasuVY1eguwkgwOHYqFxZl%2Fvw9fUZrYki4oeNRVCT6Q%3D%3D&poru=%2B7Fv2ICuouIR46pzeml55Tyg51uc88si38kfE9fimwaFqF44OvqIjUYo18tFqkvVrmAaAfz96D2asCz7NYgFbg%3D%3D&cifr=1&aid=hidden
oh, but when i use IE, i have no problems searching.
I would look again at the last article I linked to particularly the last section https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Searches%20are%20redirected%20to%20another%20site#w_all-searches-are-affected and also Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
Initially at least you should try from Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode but without making any changes, so ignore the first dialogue window and just click on the continue button. You may have some sort of search helper plugin that is installed and may need removing by using Windows Vista or you may have malware that could prove difficult to identify and remove.
Nope, didn't do any good. is nobody else having this problem
I have the same problem. It started suddenly. In the morning I was using Firefox with no probs. That afternoon, I got the error message on every website I tried. I ran a malware check, deleted two infected files, but no help. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox twice. I like Firefox and would like to use it, but right now I am using Google Chrome, until I get this problem fixed.
See this as typical advice relating to malware: /questions/757994#answer-109685