Where is the folder that contains my Firefox bookmarks?
I'm new to Windows 7. With IE, I can see/add to the Favorites by locating the Favorites folder in Windows Explorer. I cannot find a similar file that contains my Firefox bookmarks. It would be handy for transferring bookmarks from an old computer to a new one.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
They are contained in a file called places.sqlite inside the profile folder. that file also contains the browsing history. For details of how to find the profile folder see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Profiles
Thank you for your help. I was hoping to find a folder that I could open and view, but the .json filename doesn't allow that. In looking around, I did learn about Firefox Sync for sharing bookmarks between computers, so I think I found a way to do what I need, as long as the old computer is still functional (which mine wasn't for a while).
I appreciate your quick response and help. Thanks again.