This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
very slow response, stopping for seconds in the middle of typing an email
I'm having very slow response time with Firefox, so much so that I've switched to IE (gasp!). It'll stop suddenly for several seconds in the middle of typing an email and I have to wait to start typing again. Websites are timing out or just taking a very long time to respond after clicking on something. Yahoo in particular is extremely slow.
All Replies (2)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Safe mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
For me, I think the "Skype Click to Call 22.214.171.12474" addon was causing the slow response. Once I disabled this addon Firefox was responding normally.