Firefox toolbar text size & icons too small
Hello Firefox Help:
I have Windows 7 Home Premium with Firefox 3.6.13.
The icons and text is far too small in my toolbar. I used the add-on "Theme Font & Size Changer" and it helped with the text. However, all of icons are too small.
I recall this being a problem with Windows XP Media Center 2005. Is this a "bug" with Firefox and Windows 7?
How do I change the size of the icons?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Used "Theme Font & Size Changer" to help with the text but it will not increase the size of the icons.
View > Toolbars > Customize
At the bottom left, is Use small icons check-marked?
Increase the String pref layout.css.devPixelsPerPx from 1.0 to 2.0 in 0.1 steps to see what works best.
In current Firefox versions this pref is a String value parsed to a float and allows to fine tune the dimensions of all elements (user interface and web pages) more precisely.
If the content on websites needs to be adjusted after changing prefs then you can look at NoSquint or Default FullZoom Level.