I am the author of the pages and when I open these pages as stored in my hard drive, Firefox (Vers 3.0.16) opens the pages OK.
However, when I request one of these page from the website server, Firefox (same version) displays the page as if it could not 'see' the script.
When I look at the Error Console, I see that it displays the error message: Permission denied to get property Window.API (the error message appears to refer to the corresponding javascrip (.js file)
Internet Explorer 7 opens the same pages without any problem.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2009120208 Firefox/3.0.16 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
No problems here with that page with Firefox 3.6.13 on Linux.
Reload the web page and bypass the cache with:
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.