Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

WHY do I continue to get popups? I have my computer set for NO popups.

lovejack

This started during the last update. I continue SKIP updates but continue getting Popups. One is Mozilla Bidz, another Mozilla Freescore.

Help!! I want NO popups. I just delete them.

This started during the last update. I continue SKIP updates but continue getting Popups. One is Mozilla Bidz, another Mozilla Freescore. Help!! I want NO popups. I just delete them.

All Replies (1)

"One is Mozilla Bidz, another Mozilla Freescore. "

Those aren't coming from Mozilla, you probably picked up some Malware which is causing those pop-ups.

Install, update, and run these programs in this order. (Not all programs detect the same Malware.) They are all free for personal use, but some have limited functionality in the "free mode" - but those are features you really don't need to find and remove the problem that you have.
Note: If your Malware infection is bad enough and you are mis-directed to URL's other than what is posted, you may have to use a different PC to download these programs and use a USB stick to transfer them to the afflicted PC.


Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
SuperAntispyware - http://www.superantispyware.com/
AdAware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Windows Defender: Home Page - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/prod.../default.mspx

If these don't find it or can't clear it, post in one of these forums for specialized malware removal help:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
http://forum.aumha.org/
http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/
http://bleepingcomputer.com