Tabs won't close.
For the past few days I have been unable to close tabs. Clicking the "X" in the right corner of the tab does nothing. I can open new tabs though. It's really annoying. And yes I've restarted it and all that crap.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 GTB7.1
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I had this. Found the problem for me was the AddOn "ImageTweak" version 0.22 - I'm running Firefox 3.6.18
I'm having the same issue with a clean installation of this browser downloaded on 05-09-2011
I tried all of this and it didn't work. Someone else posted a solution that worked for me. check your Home page dialog box- I had multiple URLs listed in there, so each time I started Firefox, it would load all of them. It also explained why each time I clicked the Home button, it would reload all of the tabs again. I just cleared the field in the dialog box, put in one address and voila!
Had this problem - Evernote add in was the problem - disabled - sorted.