First page does not load properly
This is a simple but quite annoying problem. Basically, whatever page opens first when FireFox loads does not display correctly. Images are missing, mediaplayers are gone, and the most of the page appears as unformatted text.
If I refresh the page, it will load and display correctly.
Also, apparently at random, other sites I visit during the course of browsing will encounter the same problem and not display properly, and these will NOT display correctly if I refresh the page.
Here are links to some screenshots of this problem:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2mfkos8.jpg - Firefox opened this page after I installed RoboForm.
Thanks ahead of time for the help! I can provide additional details and screenshots if needed.
Modified by HanDuet
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Another possible cause is security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox without informing you about that, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process.
- Server Not Found - Troubleshoot connection problems
- Configure firewalls so that Firefox can access the Internet