How do I move my bookmarks from XP to my new Windows 7 machine?
I have a new Windows 7 machine (Firefox 3.6.12) and want to move my bookmarks from my old XP machine (Firefox 3.6.12). I've read the help pages but find it incomprehensible. I don't want my whole profile moved (not that I could figure out how to do that), just my bookmarks. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THAT IN SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Bing Bar
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
If you just want the bookmarks you just need to back them up, copy the file to the new computer and import them from that file. The details are shown here - Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer.