I cannot access facebook with any browser. Please help!
I have done system restore, I have tried looking at java settings and cookie setting but am willing to try again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both google chrome, firefox and even tried facebook on internet explorer and I cannot access facebook. As far as I am aware I have not installed anything major and the day before last I was accessing facebook totally fine. I cannot even laod the home page to log in. It simply refuses to load no matter how long I leave it. Can anybody help at all???
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Hi guys, i just tried to share. i'm also facing this problem, this causes by some virus/spyware/malware.
i got this from other forum; try this method.
Start>Run.. type this -->cmd [Enter] then type ipconfig /flushdns [Enter] try to access your facebook by IE/Firefox Remarks : not success for my problem
2nd method Start>Run.. type this-->cmd[Enter] then type netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log [Enter]
then if your network use IpV6 netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log [Enter]
then netsh winsock reset catalog[Enter]
after that, restart your PC
It work to my IE but not to my Firefox or Chrome i'm still working to it because i don't like use IE or chrome. but at least i can access Facebook via IE
besides, try to check your proxy setting, for IE/Chrome Control Panel>Network & Internet>Internet Option>Connection>Lan Setting>disable Proxy server for my case, the spyware open port using my localhost setting.
hope this could help.
Guys, try follow this solution from microsoft,reset the host, my problem solve
i can access facebook from any browser now.
After cleaning and checking everything that could cause the problem (I almost did a complete reinstallation), I forgot to check the hosts file. Your solution with the Microsoft hosts fix worked. It turned out that a virus or spyware has changed the hosts file. Thanks a lot! :)