With Firefox 3.6.10 I cannot run The Weather Channel's interactive or full-featured maps. Anyone know why?
I have no problem loading The Weather Channel's web site but when I click the map for my locale to enable the interactive map, or map in motion, or full-featured map, I get a blank screen -- although the time-log loop for the interactive or map in motion displays.
Modified by cymbalxx
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
Still doesn't work 3.6.13. It seems that the map is stuck at being centered somewhere in the Arctic -- so the map is always blue. Zoom all the way out (to world view) to see what I mean.
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thanks to those who provided help, but the tips didn't work for me.
I just applied the latest Flash update, however, and now the weather.com map-in-motion finally works for me, again.
I've been having a variety of odd problems with FireFox. Getting the latest Flash update fixed the weather.com map problem. I'm hoping it will fix the other stuff that's not been working.