How to remove Toggle Seach Engine toolbar from Firefox?
I inadvertantly clicked on a window which downloaded Toggle search engine which placed a toolbar on Firefox 3.5.5 and has replaced the 'standard' Firefox-Google home page. I deleted Toggle from manage search engine options and delted the Toggle files in windows explorer on my 'C' hard drive, and uninstalled firefox 3.5.5 and then reinstalled Firefox 3.5.5, but the Toggle Toolbar returns to Firefox home page.
How can I eliminate the Toggle files or uninstall as there is no uninstall option that I can find.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Today, August5 22, 2010
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Check the Home page settings.
See also How to set the home page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols
You may also have to check the pref keyword.URL
"...the Toggle Toolbar returns to Firefox home page..."
If the problem is getting rid of the toolbar, see:
Modified by Helper7677