Unable to type any text in Gmail's "reply" button being click.
While using Firefox 4 beta, I unable to key in any text in the reply box.
While I send a new message in gmail or yahoo mail, after typing some text, I tried to attach some file to send out, once the file being attached, the screen will refresh automatically and this time the message I typed was totally gone!
No problem while using Internet explorer.
Modified by NoahSUMO
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Whenever I reply email in gmail.
- -Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; en-US; rv:2.0b1) Gecko/20100630 Firefox/4.0b1
You are using the first of many beta releases, don't compare it to a full release browser. There is much work to be done in the next 4 or 5 months before the actual release of 4.0.
If you update to 4.0b2 which was released on Tuesday 7-27, you can use the Feedback button to report that issue to Mozilla. Another user reported yesterday that Feedback button wasn't working in 4.0b1, and when he updated to 4.0b2 upon my recommendation, it worked.
I have a very similar problem. Gmail won't let me reply to or forward any messages; it gives a "file not found" error. This has been the case in 4.0b1, b2 and b3. Fix it, please!
I too am having the same problem when using Gmail forward or reply button.
Whenever I click the reply or forward button in Gmail, I do not see the message I want to type and attaching the file looks not possible.
But, in Chrome and IE it works perfect.
I am not using any Beta release, my Firefox is : 3.6.8 I thought, there is some problem with the installation, so removed Firefox 2 times and reinstalled it again, but to no help.
I recently switched from IE 8 to Firefox 3.6.10. I was very happy with the add-ons and all the little perks, but...I tried to reply to an email in my Gmail account and it is impossible. I also cannot compose a new mail or forward a message. IE has no problems. I tried running Firefox on safe mode (following advice from this site) and nothing!. Needless to say I am hugely dissapointed. Firefox ended up being all colorful and fun, but when it comes to something so basic as replying to an email, it fails! I am not using a beta version, that justification was so weak BTW.
Modified by Rafo