Firefox won't open www.yahoo.com. other sites work fine, also tried www.au.yahoo,com, it worked but still no www.Yahoo.com???
firefox will not open yahoo. opens other sites as well as au.yahoo. IE opens yahoo fine.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_03 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
I'm having the same problem, I have unistalled and reinstalled Firefox to no avail. I'm getting pretty frustrated with Firefox. The problem started occurring after the last udpate. IE opens Yahoo fine.
I have almost the same problem. Yahoo videos won't run. I only get the advertisement, then the program feed halts with "this video no longer available", but I can watch the same video with no problem in I.E. or Chrome.
Videos from other sites works fine in Firefox 3.6.6. The problem seems limited only to www.yahoo.com
I was able to resolve my problem. I went to Yahoo Australia, did a search for Yahoo and found a new home page; "Yahoo ?ilc=1". Don't ask why.... it worked.
I think I found my problem. For some reason my firewall (AVG) decided that some video sources from Yahoo "aren't trusted". Irritatingly, the ad videos are "trusted" the the program content are not!
This seems to have coincided with the FireFox 3.6.6. update.
Fixed it buy saving a new AVG firewall profile.
Could have saved myself a lot of time by temporarily disabling the firewall and seeing that Firefox ran the video - Doh!
yahoo.com.au have problem
hotmail.com have problem