How to remove a printer from the list in the print dialog?
When I go to print something, a dialog showing a list of printer options shows up. One of the printers is from an old office. Firefox spends 20s or so trying to query this printer over the network, and hangs in the meantime. I would like to remove this printer from the list, but have been unable to figure out how to do so. Manually removing all references to the printer from the ~/.mozilla configuration files while firefox isn't running has not helped.
Every time Firefox opened
== I moved offices, and hence printers
Additional System Details
- -The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The Totem 2.28.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Aspera Web for Firefox
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100402 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.9
None which are likely to be relevant to this question. BTW, I can't drag and drop from that panel, and typing them in manually would be a bit of a chore. (There are about 20 of them.) This process would be more reliable if you found a way to automate this query more.
Hi alex, In Ubuntu, click the following: System → Administration → Printing In that dialogue there should be an option to remove the printer. -Taddle