Firefox 3.6.3 wont play embedded youtube videos. It comes up with "an error occured please try again later. this happens all the time
Firefox 3.6.3 wont play embedded youtube videos. It comes up with "an error occurred please try again later. this happens all the time. If you click to go to youtube the clip plays.
Every time Firefox opened
Well, here is my reply to my own post.
After reading some of the messages posted here about possible solutions, I tried deleting all YouTube cookies (tools > options > privacy > show cookies > youtube.com). Then tested on a site with embedded video that would not play previously and on YouTube site directly--both worked!
The poster with the cookies suggestion also suggested changes to "exceptions" but this was not necessary at least for me.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
goducks, you're welcome. I'm always glad to help that was why I posted my solution up for others that are in the same or similar situation as I was.
worked perfectly and quickly thanks a lot
I cant see videos on youtube, says there was an error to try later. I use 62 bit windowns seven. help me please .. I tried several things and nothing happened.
Hi sergio290, please see this support article about incompatibility issues with the latest Flash updates: Flash 11.3 doesn't load video in Firefox.