Firefox returns (GIF Image, 1x1 pixels) when I click a link in Facebook
when I click a link to create an advert in Facebook, I get a blank page (GIF Image 1x1 pixels)
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You may be having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not coming from one of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode and select Disable all add-ons. If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem. See this article for information about troubleshooting extensions and theme. You can troubleshoot plugins the same way.
If you want support for one of your add-ons, you'll need to contact its author.
Also, be sure that your security software isn't interfering with your browser. Some antiviruses and firewalls are known to cause similar issues.
Some firewalls like Kaspersky can block content and send a 1x1 GIF image instead. Kaspersky": "Protection > Firewall > Filtration system: disable the "Banner Ad Blocker"
Same problem but with Safari as well, so I'm guessing it's my (not Kapersky, but different) virus protection on my Mac.