Firefox loses the saved users and history after awhile!
When I first start Firefox all is fine, the history is there and working, all the saved user/pass is there but after awhile it's like firefox loses it's memory and I need to restart the browser to get it all up and running again. Is it a config I need to do in about:config or what?
This didn't happen when I was using Windows 7 and FF, but now under Ubuntu 10.04 it happens all the day.
A few times a week
== Ubuntu went to 10.04 LTS!
Additional System Details
- -ICA Plugin (Linux) Version 11.100.158406 (/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica)
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.30.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; sv-SE; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3
If you close Firefox, then start Firefox in Safe Mode, does the problem still occur? For instructions on starting in Safe Mode, see Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode.
Even in safe mode it loses it's memory, but it comes back real fast.
Got a terminal up and running and it tells me this:
(firefox-bin:2691): Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead
Can't find anything out on google about this, but I'm not alone with having this problem with Ubuntu and Firefox in Sweden.
Therefore, is it Firefox it self or is it in Ubuntu?
I really don't know. Did you install Firefox from Mozilla or from the package manager?
I'm using the firefox that comes with Ubuntu 10.04 from the begining. And here in Sweden I'm not alone with FF losing it's memory after a while.
I will try to remove the one that comes inbuilt, and try a fresh one!
any solution? i encountering the same problem too... using firefox 3.6.3 out of ubuntu 10.04 from the beginning...