firefox 3.6.3 doesn't always ask if i want to save a password and doesn't recognize the passwords that were already implemented. Why? I have a Mac G5 desktop; not intel base
I downloaded and installed firefox 3.6.3 on my mac g5. It asked if i wanted to replace the already existing firefox and I said yes. But when I've tried to go to several sites, whose passwords already existed firefox acted like it didn't know of the previous existence. Then when I did enter my user id and pw firefox never asked if I wanted to save it. Some of the sites do ask security questions when needed, but most don't.
Every time Firefox opened
== with the new version of firefox for mac, firefox 3.6.3
Additional System Details
- -Displays PDF documents in the browser.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 184.108.40.206
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 220.127.116.11
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
I have no idea what you mean by this
See: http://kb.mozillazine.org/User_name_and_password_not_remembered (bookmarklet) http://kb.mozillazine.org/Password_Manager (Troubleshooting)
cor-el, I thank you for your reply, but it was no help at all. It mostly talked about firefox 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 or 3.5 and I am using 3.6.3 on a mac. Also, it talked about surfing in privacy browsing, which I don't do. Any other ideas for resolution would be appreciated. And again thank you for trying.
I've got the exact same problem. Firefox is ALWAYS saving usernames and passwords.. without ever asking me if I want to save the password or not.
I couldn't find a way to resolve the problem through firefox. The saving or not saving passwords with or without asking was ridiculous. However, I did find a solution, a firefox add on called Last Pass. I've been using it now for a couple of weeks and love it. I only have to enter the main password for my Last Pass acct and from there any site I go to Last Pass captures my info, then asks if I want it saved. Give it a try it's really easy and does what it is supposed to do. It even gave me the option of disconnecting firefox's not so reliable password mgr.