I want to remove the "private browsing" option. how?
Firefox automatically installed the "private browsing" option on my browser. I do not want it.
Every time Firefox opened
== past update
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 d51
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.5.8 NET_mmhpset
Do you mean you don't want people using Firefox on your computer to be able to switch into Private browsing? If so, see: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/493576?s=disable%20private%20browsing&as=q
You have or had an extension installed (NET_mmhpset) that has changed the user agent from Firefox/3.6 to Firefox/3.0.x.
You can check the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page.
You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website.
If general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then you can right-click that pref and choose Reset.
- Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
- Find what version of Firefox you are using
Modified by cor-el
Page not found!