I get "Invalid URL" messages
OFten, when refreshing my Yahoo Mail and other random websites, I get the "Invalid URL" mesage. The error says "The requested URL "XXXXXXX", is invalid", however that is NOT the same URL in the address window. This happens mostly with Yahoo mail but also randomly with other websites.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
I have tried closing the tab, going thru my bookmarks to reload the page, completely closing the browser, nothing seems to work other than waiting a few hours to reload the page. When I get these errors, I go to IE8 and the page loads just fine.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears. You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Safe mode start window. You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (on Mac: "Firefox > Quit")
I deleted Faster Fox and don't seem to have the problem with invalid URL