I need a version of firefox that runs on Win 98, first edition.
I have a friend with an old computer on dial up. He only has Win 98, first edition, but wants firefox. I'd like to burn it on a CD for him, along with some extensions, but first I have to find the download. Would somebody please give me a pointer?
Additional System Details
- -The IcedTea Java Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.7.1 (fedora-34.b17.fc11-i386)) executes Java applets.
- Gecko Media Player 0.9.9.2Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- MozPlugger version 1.12.1, written by Fredrik Hübinette, Louis Bavoil and Peter Leese.For documentation on how to configure mozplugger, check the man page. (type man mozplugger) Configuration file:Not found! Helper binary:Not found! Controller binary:Not found! Link launcher binary:Not found!
- Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.4434 built with gcc 3.4.6 on Oct 1 2008
- The Totem 2.26.5 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_07
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100330 Fedora/3.5.9-1.fc11 Firefox/3.5.9
Firefox 184.108.40.206 is the last ever version of Firefox for Win98 / SE / ME. Get it from here: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/rel.../en-US/