Firefox keeps freezing up and giving me the colorful spinning wheel especially when I'm chatting with a friend of facebook or when i'm listening to music on myspace or even have just two tabs open and it's never done it before but now it just keeps giving
Firefox keeps freezing up and giving me the colorful spinning wheel especially when I'm chatting with a friend of facebook or when i'm listening to music on myspace or even have just two tabs open and it's never done it before but now it just keeps giving me the colorful spinning wheel and i have to force quit and start over.
Every time Firefox opened
== May 5th, 2010
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.1
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1
You could try updating to the latest version of Firefox. To do this, go to the "Help" menu at the far right of the Mac toolbar, and select the bottom option, "Check for Updates..." let me know if this helps
I've updated & restarted my computer...still freezes up...non-operative site?????
What can I do to keep Firefox from freezing on my computer. I have installed latest updates.
My FireFox Browser is doing the same thing. Most of the time it is followed with a crash report and then wants me to refresh. This is getting very aggravating since I am usually in the middle of something when this happens and lose all my work.
My FireFox also seems to have slowed down in its reaction time when I type. In the middle of typing it freezes then it may or may not start back up before freezing completely then just shuts down on its own.
I never had this problem before the updated version was installed.
Hi If you get an error message saying your flash is blocked by firewall or needs updating or similar and you just get the spinning colour wheel try this link It takes you to Adobe which tells you which ver of flash player you have - you can then see if there is a later ver by clicking on the library and it automatically selects the correct version for you to download. Worked a treat for me! Good Luck http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Ps Don't forget to use a browser other than firefox or you will be there for days.