hyperlink + ctrl click opens the page in new tab in my website. it should open it in the same window of my website
When i do a ctrl+hyperlink click in my website running in firefox, it opens up in a new tab, I dont want the ctrl+hyperlink click to open in new tab or new window. It should open in the same browser. (works as required in IE 7)
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Ctrl+left click on a link or bookmark will open in a new tab. That is a standard Firefox keyboard shortcut. Middle-click will do the same (Middle-click = press the scroll wheel). On the following page, scroll down to "Web Navigation" or Find (Ctrl+F), enter "Ctrl+lef" (without quotation marks) in the Find box. Read the footnote 4 about how to change from background tab to foreground tab.
To open a link or bookmark in the currently active tab, simply click on the link or bookmark. Your current tab will be over-written with the new link or bookmark.
The following page shows the shortcuts for IE7. Click "Working with tabs". It shows Ctrl+click will "Open links in a new tab in the background" and on the next line, it shows CTRL+SHIFT+click will "Open links in a new tab in the foreground".
Maybe you have installed something to change the shortcuts on your installation?
Other Issues: to correct security/stability issues
Update Java: your version 184.108.40.206; current version 220.127.116.11 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed