Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

certificate has been revoked. unable to receive email.

alphonsobellinni

AVG sends message: "We've identified a site certificate problem" "Trust for this certificate has been revoked."

Looking at certificate page that AVG provides is Greek to me. General tab displays:

"This certificate has been revoked by its certification authority"

issued to : inbound.att.net

issued by: Digicert Global G2 TLS RSA SHA256 20250 CA1

Valid from: 4/12/26 to 10/28/26

Details tab:

lists a bunch of things that I don't comprehend and offers an option to "copy to file" and lists a number of formats to copy the file to.  Have no idea which would be the one to use. 

Trying to access email directly from browser has not been successful because it wants verify my identity by sending message to my phone, but it does not send anything.

AVG sends message: "We've identified a site certificate problem" "Trust for this certificate has been revoked." Looking at certificate page that AVG provides is Greek to me. General tab displays: "This certificate has been revoked by its certification authority" issued to : inbound.att.net issued by: Digicert Global G2 TLS RSA SHA256 20250 CA1 Valid from: 4/12/26 to 10/28/26 Details tab: lists a bunch of things that I don't comprehend and offers an option to "copy to file" and lists a number of formats to copy the file to. Have no idea which would be the one to use. Trying to access email directly from browser has not been successful because it wants verify my identity by sending message to my phone, but it does not send anything.
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

I "think" I just found the culprit. I have AVG Free Anti Virus. Part of it is Email Shield. If I uncheck the box next to Email Shield incoming messages start coming through Tbird. Soooo, the issue is with the email monitoring portion of AVG. Maybe they don't like my continuous refusal to upgrade. lol; just joking

Modified by jworks

All Replies (8)

How do I turn AVG off?

I don't see how AVG could cause my email to quit working.

You'd better check with AVG about this.

To reiterate, I don't see how AVG could have anything to do with the problem.

I can go to the account settings "server settings" page (connection security: SSL/TLS; authentication method", normal password) and in the "security settings" there is "test connection to server" link. Clicking on that gives : An error occurred connecting to inbound.att.net:995.

So, maybe problem isn't thunderbird but Yahoo/ATT.

Chosen Solution

I "think" I just found the culprit. I have AVG Free Anti Virus. Part of it is Email Shield. If I uncheck the box next to Email Shield incoming messages start coming through Tbird. Soooo, the issue is with the email monitoring portion of AVG. Maybe they don't like my continuous refusal to upgrade. lol; just joking

Modified by jworks

I too have not been able to download emails since the update the other night (yesterday?). I too have att, however it is Norton that has sent up the warning.

Thunderbird will not download emails even if I turn off my Norton email protection.

When I go to Certificate Manager, I see a non-expired certificate, but when I click "view certificate" on my warning I see:

Issued to: inbound.att.net Issued by: DigiCert Global G2 TLS RSA SHA 256 202 CA1 Valid from 4/12/2026 to 10/28/2026

but when I go to the Certificate Authorities the 'valid to' date for this is Mon, 23 Sep 2030 23:59:59 GMT ??? Any help?

jworks:

Your solution has fixed my problems.

alphonso, I am no computer geek. My "fix" is just that, a fix. But its not a solution. I think this issue is something from elsewhere.....maybe an AT&T issue. I say that because some have this problem and do not have AVG antivirus. I don't know. It may very well be corrected in a few days or so. If so, I'll go back to letting AVG scan my incoming emails.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.