Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

YouTube not streaming after last update. Fixed

Robin Brown

I tried every solution posted and then I uninstalled and then wiped Firefox. Nothing helped. It seemed the picture would not sync or just freeze with the sound still playing. I came across an old post to change media.mediasource.enabled. Mine was already set on true. When I changed it to false it solved the problem.

I tried every solution posted and then I uninstalled and then wiped Firefox. Nothing helped. It seemed the picture would not sync or just freeze with the sound still playing. I came across an old post to change media.mediasource.enabled. Mine was already set on true. When I changed it to false it solved the problem.

All Replies (3)

Thank you for letting us know.

Chosen Solution

It sounds like your system does not like VP9/AV1 codecs. It would be better to revert media.mediasource.enabled back to default true and install h264ify instead which will give you higher resolution and avoid breaking other sites.

Thanks I noticed the BBC player had stopped working with my fix.