Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

How do I get rid of the blank screen when invoking Firefox

wlcat609

Anytime I invoke the Firefox icon and before I get to my default webpage, I get a blank screen which does nothing for a period of time. Question is how do I get rid of this situation?

Anytime I invoke the Firefox icon and before I get to my default webpage, I get a blank screen which does nothing for a period of time. Question is how do I get rid of this situation?

All Replies (1)

You can check for issues caused by a corrupted or incomplete Visual C++ installation that is missing runtime components (Redistributable Packages) required by Firefox, especially VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.

See "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019":