This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Just updated to 89.0 Page Tabs are double height. No way I want my desktop real estate wasted like that. Can I change the down to one line or revert to previous version of firefox?
Just updated to 89.0 Tabs are double height. No way I want my desktop real estate wasted like that. Can I change the down to one line or revert to previous version of firefox? I am never happy with wasted space.
All Replies (1)
Starting in Firefox 89, Compact Mode is no longer supported. If you've been using Compact Mode on a previous version, you should be able to retain the feature. However, for the best experience, we encourage you to use the default Density setting.
If you are an advanced user, it's still possible to activate it in the Configuration Editor (about:config page).
- Type about:config in the address bar and press Return. A warning page may appear. Click Accept the Risk and Continue to go to the about:config page.
- Find the browser.compactmode.show preference.
- Switch the toggle to true and then close the tab.
- Click on the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click More Tools menu.
- Choose Customize Toolbar.
- At the bottom of the panel, click the Density button.
- Choose Compact (not supported) from the menu options.
- Click Done.
More about that: Compact mode workaround in Firefox