This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
What files do I need to restore from my nightly backup to bring back the multiple tabs I have lost in a shut down? The current restore previous session only has half of what I lost. I tried copying the profiles folder from a back up but it still only had three of the six windows I lost. Suggestions please!
All Replies (1)
That is about sessionstore.jsonlz4 in the profile folder and possibly the recovery files in the sessionstore-backups folder.
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
You will normally find these files in the sessionstore-backups folder:
- previous.jsonlz4 (cleanBackup: copy of sessionstore.jsonlz4 from previous session that was loaded successfully)
- recovery.jsonlz4 (latest version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- recovery.baklz4 (previous version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- upgrade.jsonlz4-<build_id> (backup created during an upgrade of Firefox)
You can copy a file from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main profile and rename the file to sessionstore.jsonlz4 to replace the current file with Firefox closed (make sure to backup the current sessionstore.jsonlz4).