This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Why can't I hear a thing when I play youtube via Firefox?
Here are some tricky parts:
1) When using Firefox, take YouTube video as an example, I can hear the music if I connect my laptop to an external Bluetooth speaker. (But without using a Bluetooth speaker or any external speaker, there is no sound through my laptop even thought I turn my laptop volume to the greatest.)
2) For the same video, if I use google chrome, I have no problem hear the music no matter using a Bluetooth speaker or my laptop internal speaker.
3) You can argue my Firefox privacy Autoplay setting was wrong. But I checked and I allow both audio and video for all websites. Besides, I also checked the Permissions status on each website.
4) The weirdest part I don't get: Supposedly I can play and hear sound through Firefox, since I authorize all the website. But why there is no sound if I'm using my laptop's internal speaker? ( And only the laptop's internal speaker)
5) For my internal speaker, it work fine when I use Zoom, hear music through windows' Groove player, or even play video through Chrome.
Last but not least, I still ran troubleshooting trying to fix my internal speaker. But they can't detect any problem.
I'm so confused.... Does firefox hate my laptops internal speaker? Please help me. Thanks
Check your playback device. Can you right click on the speaker and open the mixer?Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (2)
Check your playback device. Can you right click on the speaker and open the mixer?
Modified by jonzn4SUSE
Oh my goodness! That was the problem! Thank you for much for helping!