This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
for some reason yahoo has taken over my search engine. I have tried to change it but it wont go away. On my browser I see the Google search engine, I type for a search but when the result comes back its with Yahoo.
All Replies (3)
It sounds like you probably have some program or malware on your computer that's overriding your search engine to Yahoo. I've found that AdwCleaner can usually find the problem and fix it, but there are other free scanning utilities available as well.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller (for more info, see this alternate TDSSKiller download page)
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Hope this helps.
follow the steps and instruction:
- click 3 horizontal line top right on browser screen.
- click options .
- click search left side on open dialog box.
- look Default Search Engine .
- choose as your choice search engine( eg. google,bing,duckduckgo,yahooo,,,,,,,etc).
find attachment for better understanding
then restart browser .
i hope resolved your problem then reply back to me.
Type about:addons<enter> in the address bar to open your Add-ons Manager. Hot key; (<Control> [Mac=<Command>] <Shift> A)
In the Add-ons Manager, on the left, select Extensions. Remove “ Yahoo “ Anything.
Also remove SafeSearch, SearchAssist Incognito, FileConverter Addon, SearchLock, DiscreteSearch, WebSearch, Findwide Search Engine, securedsearch
Now do the same in the computer’s Programs Folder.
Windows: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. Mac: Open the Applications folder. Linux: Check your user manual.