Sync'd Tabs are no longer showing up for me after Firefox 74 Update.
Ever since Firefox received update 74 my sync'd tabs have disappear. I'm no longer able to pull them up and i would like to get my tabs back ASAP, the Tabs from my old computer, which i was still going through and the tabs from my new computer ( the one im currently using) no longer show up. All i get is to connect a device. I tried to install the older version of Firefox (73) and still unable to see anything. I am able to see my old computer and my new computer are linked to my account but that's about it.
All Replies (4)
Hi, Firefox creates a dedicated profile for each installation, Source: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/dedicated-profiles-firefox-installation Would you be able to recheck whether you had synced them to a different account?
To recover your missing data if it was on a different account, please follow the below steps.
1. Type about:profiles on address bar and press enter. 2. Go through the listed profiles. *Don't delete any profile* 3. Check each profile by clicking 'Launch profile in new browser'. 4. When you find the profile that contains your sync'd tabs, you can 'Set as default profile'.
Let me know how it went :)
Modified by Nimesh Kavinda
Sadly no it did not, i still can see the other device on my Manage device tab, but still nothing showing up on the Synced Tab
Synced tabs expire in seven days, so if this is about tabs from longer ago then they are gone on the Sync server.
If you still have access to the old computer then you can transfer sessionstore.jsonlz4 in the profile folder from one device to another device by using a USB jump drive or other removable storage device.
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data. Note that you should be cautious with copying SQLite database files if you previously had problems.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
- ( I hopped for better news. Never the less i will have to face the fact that they are gone, which is odd they where about 24 days odd and i was still able to see them up to the point that Firefox restarted from the update. I dont have access to that computer anymore, SSD was formatted and new OS installed over it. However Thank you both of you who replied. :)
I will now have to face the fact that they are gone. i hope that i can recall most of the URL's from memory.
RIP Manga List