When using Twitter, the bell icon is missing to allow enable or disable of text notificaions from accounts I follow. Bell icon visible in Chrome, not FireFox.
Bell icon missing in firefox. I have tried turning off Enhanced Tracking Protection. Did not help. Bell icon is visible in Chrome. see attached pics. Thank you, TR
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:72.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/72.0
Hello, My name is Marco, I am a Mozilla helper & also a volunteer. In order to uninstall any unwanted extension, please do the following:
- Click the menu button and choose Modules.
- Once the Add-ons Manager is open in a new tab, click the "Extensions" button on the left of the window.
- You should now see a list of installed extensions on the right with buttons to the right of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click on the "Remove" button. You should see a message informing you of the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a restart of Firefox in order to be completely removed. To restart Firefox after removing an add-on, click the "Restart now" link in the message.
You can find more information on uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Regards & staying at your disposal, Marco MONNE, helper
Marco, Thank you for the reply.
In FireFox I don't use any extensions or add-ons. I followed your instructions and verified that none are installed.
For some reason, FireFox is blocking the "bell" icon I need to enable or disable text notifications from accounts that I follow.
Trying the same in Chrome works just fine.
It would appear something in FireFox is blocking the "bell" icon.
Good evening, I will inquire with the administrators & see the problem. Can you just give me the version you use of Twitter? I will get back to you as soon as possible. allow around 4-5 days for a response from the administrators.
Regards & staying at your disposal, Marco MONNÉ, helper
I use what ever version of Twitter that one gets when you login over the internet, with a laptop using FireFox. I am not using a Twitter app.
Thank you for your assistance, TR