Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

WebRTC browser issues with Amazon Connect

  • 1 reply
  • 2 have this problem
  • 497 views
  • Last reply by Austdev

more options

We are trying to use WebRTC with Amazon Connect, and for the last couple of weeks we have been getting browser errors. It seems to work fine in Chrome, but I really really don't want to go there! Amazon are basically telling me it's a Firefox issue, but I cannot see how that's possible. Is there anything we can try to get WebRTC working again? Have you guys changed any of the security settings around it that may be impacting?

This seems to be the relevant entry in the softphone log:

   {
       "component": "softphone",
       "level": "ERROR",
       "text": " Softphone error occurred :  webrtc_error webrtc system error. ",
       "time": "2019-07-22T20:59:46.234Z",
       "exception": null,
       "objects": [],
       "line": 28
   },
We are trying to use WebRTC with Amazon Connect, and for the last couple of weeks we have been getting browser errors. It seems to work fine in Chrome, but I really really don't want to go there! Amazon are basically telling me it's a Firefox issue, but I cannot see how that's possible. Is there anything we can try to get WebRTC working again? Have you guys changed any of the security settings around it that may be impacting? This seems to be the relevant entry in the softphone log: { "component": "softphone", "level": "ERROR", "text": " Softphone error occurred : webrtc_error webrtc system error. ", "time": "2019-07-22T20:59:46.234Z", "exception": null, "objects": [], "line": 28 },
Attached screenshots

Chosen solution

I have found the problem.

Seems there is a bug in Firefox 68.0.1 that kills WebRTC in certain circumstances, and downgrading to 67 fixed it totally. Once Mozilla fix the issue, I will allow the workstations to upgrade again.

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (1)

more options

Chosen Solution

I have found the problem.

Seems there is a bug in Firefox 68.0.1 that kills WebRTC in certain circumstances, and downgrading to 67 fixed it totally. Once Mozilla fix the issue, I will allow the workstations to upgrade again.