Hebrew suddenly doesn't work
TB 60.6.1, Win 8.1
I've been able to write in Hebrew with no problems for years, but a couple of days ago, it just stopped working. I saw Hebrew characters as I typed, but they arrived as question marks. As a workaround, I was able to attach a Word file, but for someone who doesn't read any English, the subject is meaningless. And of course, writing my messages in Hebrew in Word and attaching the file is kludgy.
I made no changes to my computer this week, so I'm baffled why this suddenly went haywire.
I think this discussion of Cyrillic characters will also fix the problem for Hebrew:Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
I think this discussion of Cyrillic characters will also fix the problem for Hebrew:
Thank you so much!
But how in the world did that value get changed?! I'm the only one who uses this computer and it's been a long time since I mucked around with the config editor.
The default value of false works with every other mail provider except those using Yahoo infrastructure. When Yahoo makes changes to their servers, it affects anyone sending with TB through a Yahoo (ATT/AOL/Rogers/Verizon) account. Setting the pref. to true bypasses the Yahoo corruption of outgoing mail.
Thanks for the explanation. I never sent through Yahoo until you suggested I do when I traveled from Israel to NY a few months ago. I tested it out while still here to make sure it worked and never changed it back.
In other words, you're the one who got me into this mess! :-)
Thank you again!