Is there a limit to the amount of data contained within a single tab in ESR 52.9?
When we run a concurrent report export from Oracle R12, we've seen that in our larger exports we are unable to save the data from the browser. Typically, we can "save page" to a text document, and all the data is visible. When the exports are large, the save page option results in an "authentication failure" response from the server.
When using InternetExplorer we do not see this issue, and we only see this issue in Firefox when the export data size is large (> 64 MB).
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 106
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 19.10.20099
- Dassault Systemes Composer Player Web Plugin
- Creo View 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Microsoft Lync Web App Plug-in
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- PTC Creo View Control (IsoView Compatibility Interface)
- RingCentral launcher plugin - 3.5.0
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- Skype Meetings App
- The VMware Client Support Plug-in
- VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- Zoom launcher - 3.0.1
- iMeet np plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
64MB of text displayed in a single tab? Who designed this reporting?!
Based on the error, it sounds as though Firefox is re-requesting the page from the server. I think that may be common for "Save Page As" and it certainly would be slow even if it worked. What if you switch Firefox to working offline (File menu) and then try to save again. Can Firefox save what it has cached?
I notice you are running 32-bit Firefox on 64-bit Windows. Not sure if that is a factor, or should I say, I don't know whether using 64-bit Firefox would avoid the issue.
Also, Firefox 52 is no longer supported. Have you tried a current version?