If you want to back up your saved usernames and passwords or move them to a different application, the Firefox password management feature allows you to export this data to a
.csv (comma separated values) file.
Warning: Your passwords in the exported file will not be encrypted and will be in a readable form to anyone who can view this file. Do not upload online, email or share the exported file. Delete this file when finished.
You can also import login data from another browser.
Export usernames and passwords
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click . The Firefox about:logins page will open in a new tab.
- Click the logins menu icon (three dots), then click
- A dialog box will appear to remind you that passwords are saved as readable text. Click the
button to continue.
- You may be prompted to enter your Primary Password, if enabled, when accessing stored passwords.
- You can choose the file name and location where this exported data will be saved.