This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Can't get 1st webiste address name when typed from History list & can't Add new bookmark
Hye , Admin I m using Firefox Quantum Version 61.0.1 (32-bit) . I rename Firefox "Old Profile" with current profile name and replace it to current Firefox Quantum Version 61.0 (32-bit) folder ...
The problem i am facing now is :-
1- When I type website address 1st letter in address bar can not see Website address.
2- When i check history it automatically deleting .How to stop it ? (I tried uncheck "Clear history when Firefox closes" BUT NOT work )
3- I can't Add new bookmark between old saved bookmark ...
All Replies (3)
Not exactly following you with the renaming the old profile and replacing part. Could have done a backup :
You can not just replace a whole Profile, only selected things within the Profile.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
- if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database (bookmarks and history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
in case errors are reported close and restart Firefox and retry
If "Verify Integrity" on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page cannot repair places.sqlite then remove all places.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder