Use a different text rendering engine
Firefox uses the wrong text rendering engine. That's because bitmap fonts don't work in Windows 10 in Firefox. They work in Windows XP and Windows 7 though, which is why I really want to install one of these operating systems.
Notepad works perfectly... You could just use the same rendering engine as Notepad and all problems are gone!!!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 18.11.20040
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.171.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 30.0 r0
- Vizzed Retro Game Room Plugin
- Enables interaction with CDF content.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
I think you should skip XP and Vista as support for them runs out next month. Can not update any further. A little hard to use Notepad to Render anything : https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/10/the-whole-web-at-maximum-fps-how-webrender-gets-rid-of-jank/
Let alone using it in new ways as HTML and CSS evolve.
Notepad is a text editor. Its only rendering engine is a text rendering engine, so you can't say it's used to "Render anything". However it's definitely the best rendering engine.
I think this is the same issue as your previous threads:
As you know, Support volunteers can't change Firefox. To submit feature suggestions, you could use one or more of the following (depending on whether you want a suggestion box or a discussion):
Indeed it's the same issue as the second bullet but not the first.
Try to disable hardware acceleration. I'm pretty sure that DirectWrite doesn't allow bitmap fonts.