Allow "Other Bookmarks" to be deleted for real
We need someone from Firefox programming team to give up the option to obliterate "Other Bookmarks" a.k.a. "Unsorted Bookmarks" to Kingdom Come, without any Add-On or ChromeUser.css. We have been living with this utterly useless folder for years on end and now it is turning into deecades, time to trash this useless and idiotic folder for good. Please don't advise of any add-on, my Firefox and Windows can't handle one more add-on, we need a simple forward solution, like Delete and it is deleted or changing a :setting in the about:config and it is done. I only want one list of bookmarks and bookmark folders! (Version: all recent versions of Firefox for Windows, at least.)
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
Suggest stop using the Star to Bookmark The "Other Bookmarks" folder is used to store bookmarks that you create by clicking the star on the Navigation Toolbar. You can move the bookmark to another folder by clicking the star another time to get the "Edit this Bookmark" dialog.
There are three main Bookmarks folders and bookmarks can only be created in one of those folders and its sub folders. You can't remove those three system folders.
- the "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder stores the bookmarks that you see on the Bookmarks Toolbar (Firefox > Options or View > Toolbars).
- the "Bookmarks Menu" folder stores bookmarks that show in the Bookmarks menu and are created via "Bookmark This Page" or via "Bookmark This Link" in the right-click context menu.
- the "Other Bookmarks" folder stores bookmarks that are created by clicking the star at the right end of the location bar.
It is possible sometimes to hide the folder using usserChrome code.
Support Volunteers can't make changes to Firefox so the 1st part of your question you can submit suggestions for new or changed features, may I suggest: Feedback: https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/ or https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
- Default Bookmark Folder: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-bookmark-folder/
I second the request to eliminate "other bookmarks". They are confusing and not needed.
It is not possible to remove any of the three default bookmarks root folders (Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu, Other Bookmarks) and doing that would cause serious issues with code that relies on there presence. So we can only offer workarounds.
ENOUGH ALREADY!! PLEASE GIVE US AN OPTION to remove OTHER BOOKMARKS folder
Do you really think that SHOUTING at us in all CAPS is going to get anything done?