I lost Yahoo toolbar & favorites the last time I upgraded. Will everything stay the same if I upgrade? Thanks (See, I'm nice!)
The last time I upgraded, everything on my toolbar, (YouTube, Wikipedia, etc.) disappeared and being a computer Luddite, I had a long slog trying to figure out how to reinstate things as they were. Will new upgrade do the same? (Still being nice.)
All Replies (6)
The new Firefox is not compatible with many add-ons.
Here are your choices; 1) Contact its support and ask if they will update 2) Find a replacement 3) Downgrade to a prior Firefox 4) Do without
Chosen Solution
Yahoo toolbar is likely a Legacy extension that won't work in Firefox 57+
Did you lose bookmarks and possibly other personal data when updating?
This shouldn't happen normally, but appears to happen for some.
In such a case check in the Library if there are bookmark backups available.
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can check if you have an "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop in case the Refresh feature in Firefox has been used and a new profile has been created.
See also:
All hail cor-el! (Son of Jor-El?) Thanks for the prompt reply and helpful information. Gary Ware
fyi if updating :
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/ https://www.howtogeek.com/333805/how-to-change-or-customize-firefoxs-new-tab-page/ https://www.howtogeek.com/333110/how-to-customize-firefox-quantum-and-remove-the-white-space-around-the-title-bar/ https://www.howtogeek.com/334716/how-to-customize-firefoxs-user-interface-with-userchrome.css/ and should be at 57.0.4 for this : https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3023893/opera-mozilla-vivaldi-and-more-rush-to-patch-spectre-and-meltdown-security-holes
Dear Mr/Ms Shadow...Thanks for the prompt and helpful response. I'm saving your roadmap in case I need it...even though it's "Greek" to me! (This is in no way a racial epithet; My great ancestor, Julius Caeser used to say this all the time!)
LOL Yes it is a road map. I thought you would be more comfortable knowing the road ahead.