This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox shows up in processes, but wont open even after fresh install. What to do?
after my pc restarted abruptly, I tried opening Firefox but it just will not open. It shows up in processes but never opens. I have fresh installed, I have downloaded the newest verison, ran it as an admin and still nothing. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this?
All Replies (2)
- Just to be 100% clear, what version of Firefox are you using? Is it Firefox 57 Quantum that you did a fresh install on?
- What operating system are you using? Windows 10?
- Have you tried disabling all your Firefox add-ons? In Tools->Add-ons
- If that doesn't work please try Firefox safe mode. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
- If that doesn't work, please let us know what you did, what you expected, what happened in more detail (e.g. posting a screenshot of the Windows task manager or the OSX activity manager always helps when firefox crashes or hangs! and if it's a crash, posting the crashes in about:crashes would help)
1. Yes, Quantum 57 2. Windows 10 3. I cant because I cant open firefox 4. Firefox wont open at all so I cant do it. 5. It never crashes, it just loads the process in the task manager and never loads the actual application. I have ran it as an admin before reinstall but nothing happened and I have fresh installed and ran as admin and nothing still happened.