Where is the page refresh icon?
I use IE at work and Firefox at home. I still have a refresh web page icon on IE at work but seem to be missing it on Firefox at home. Sorry if I'm not recalling things properly with regard to Firefox, but I thought there used to be a Firefox page refresh icon on the right side of the URL address window/bar? Since Firefox updated to 57.0 I only see 'show history,' 'page actions,' 'save to pocket,' and 'bookmark this page.' Tried the View menu, options, and customize without success.
Am I not recalling properly that Firefox used to have a page refresh icon.
Nevermind. I found it on the top left-hand side of the window.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Nevermind. I found it on the top left-hand side of the window.
I do not have the refresh icon anywhere and would like to have it. I use f5 now but it is less convenient than using the mouse. How do I get the refresh page icon back
The position of the refresh icon has changed in Firefox 57 and you can now find this button at the left end of the Navigation Toolbar.
It is not there or well hidden. All I have to the left is the I and a padalock symbol. No refresh icon.
Put the damn thing back where it used to be. Or do you just enjoy confusing the heck out of your users?
Right on!!!. We get used to some things and if they work, why change them especially if it does not improve or make any significant advancement to the broweser!
Can you attach a screenshot?
- use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
Open the Customize window and set what toolbars (Show/Hide Toolbars) and toolbar items to display.
- Right-click empty toolbar area -> Customize
- "3-bar" menu button -> Customize
- View -> Toolbars
*you can tap the Alt key or press the F10 key to show the hidden Menu Bar temporarily
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window to the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the Restore Defaults button in the Customize palette window to restore the default toolbar set.
Refresh icon was there all the time under customize. I dragged the refresh icon to the toolbar and it is ok now. Do not know why it wasn't there in the first place.