Drag and Drop of files into a specific location of our application should not open the file in browser. It works in all other browsers except Firefox.
In our Angular based application, we use "ngx-file-drop" to drag and drop files (which in turn will be uploaded to our DB). Its working in Chrome and Edge. But, in Firefox when we drag and drop a file, instead of getting uploaded the file is opening in the browser. How to handle Firefox to work for our application.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.6.30119
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
I have simple drag-and-drop pages that work as expected, so I'm pretty sure it can be made to work.
Is there a page online demonstrating this problem?
Also, your Firefox identified itself as version 49. Can you test in the following currently supported versions: