Until last week (09/11/17) Yahoo Sports website worked fine on my Firefox. Now Yahoo Sports loads but will NOT SCROLL. It scrolls fine on Chrome & Edge.
Yahoo Sports scrolls on my Chrome & Edge browsers but NOT Firefox. Why? (It just started doing this last week)
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
Probably a missing/corrupted video codec, when you goto www.youtube.com/html5 what all do you have missing?
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove the cookies from websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Options/Preferences).
"Clear the cache":
- Options/Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove the cookies" from websites that cause problems.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
My son, an IT programmer, figured out what it was - Flash. Flash wasn't allowing the webpage to load completely. I turned off the 'automatic playing of videos' functions, rebooted computer and - all fixed.
He told me that Flash causes many of the problems & glitches on the 'net. But we all LUVs our TouTubes, so? ...