Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

When using "NoScript", sometimes I am redirected to "enable-javascript."

GitPickinGal

When loading an unknown site, I like having the option to check its individual scripts, with NoScript's "security and privacy" link, before unblocking. But now, about 3 seconds AFTER the site's home page pops up, I am sometimes redirected to "enable-javascript so I can't check that new web site's safety- any ideas?? (This is NOT a small pop-up on the home page, leaving the option open) I DO have javascript on my computer, and I think you no longer support it, but I use it with crappy explorer to go on the pogo.com game site. For everything else, I am a HUGE firefox fan.

When loading an unknown site, I like having the option to check its individual scripts, with NoScript's "security and privacy" link, before unblocking. But now, about 3 seconds AFTER the site's home page pops up, I am sometimes redirected to "enable-javascript so I can't check that new web site's safety- any ideas?? (This is NOT a small pop-up on the home page, leaving the option open) I DO have javascript on my computer, and I think you no longer support it, but I use it with crappy explorer to go on the pogo.com game site. For everything else, I am a HUGE firefox fan.

All Replies (2)

You would have to take this issue the NoScript extension to their support website since this is an issue with that extension.

GitPickinGal said

When loading an unknown site, I like having the option to check its individual scripts, with NoScript's "security and privacy" link, before unblocking. But now, about 3 seconds AFTER the site's home page pops up, I am sometimes redirected to "enable-javascript so I can't check that new web site's safety- any ideas??

That's inconvenient. Usually sites show their own message or page about JavaScript not being enabled.

I'm not sure how they are doing that if scripts are disabled. If you try the site again but repeatedly tap the Esc key to try to cancel any redirection, can you get a better look at it?

Another way to get some idea of what the site is about is to view it in a search engine cache. There's usually a link or menu item on the result to view a cached version of the page.