After reset firefox, lost all bookmarks. Restore bookmarks is failing, what to do?
Restore bookmarks says " Unable to process the backup file". Lot of data is lost and also there were no mention of bookmarks will be lost. :( . Please help is getting my data.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 106
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 17.9.20044
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.79.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
This can happen when the places.sqlite file in the profile folder is corrupted.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database (bookmarks and history) in the Firefox profile folder.
If the Places Maintenance extension can't repair the places.sqlite database then remove all places.sqlite file(s) in the Firefox profile folder to make Firefox rebuild the places.sqlite database from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder