passwort rest link comes very late...after more than 12h after request...?
I forgot my password for fierefox sync. when i request the reset link, it comes more than 12h later and is not useful anymore...what can I do?
Additional System Details
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Mit dem QuickTime Plug-in können Sie eine Vielzahl von Multimedia-Inhalten auf Webseiten anzeigen. Weitere Informationen erhalten Sie auf der Web-Site für QuickTime.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Does it say the link is expired?
I am sorry to hear that there is a delay receiving the password reset link for your Firefox Sync account. We are working on a feature to address this issue for email bounce back specifically, but I do not know when it will come to release.
If I may ask, you can check the header of the email that you did receive. (Please keep this private, do not post it in the forum) There is a method that I can share with you to help self-diagnose what may have caused the delay in the email, since email headers are private to the sender and the receiver. All mail is encrypted.
Please follow these steps: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-check-why-an-email-was-delaye...
Make sure that the Firefox Sync notification email has not been black listed or it was not caught in your email spam/quarantine.
What did you find out?
@guigs Rachel not directly related, but note I filed a bug about some of our SUpportMOzilla site's Emails generating warnings. As you may be looking in to email issues I thought I would mention that. (Bug 1352806 - Mozilla Sumo Lithium emails flagged as fraudulent on Hotmail/Outlook webmail)
Hi geister100, I hope you are aware that reseting the Sync password is going to eresult in you losing access to the Sync data.
Hopefully you used Sync with Firefox on multiple devices and so have the data backed up because it is on multiple devices.
- I've lost my Firefox Sync account information - What to do
- Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer
In fact if you use Sync and include the Syncing of bookmarks I would strongly advise that on an occasional but regular basis you do a manual backup of your bookmarks. Sync use may result in problems that could cause bookmarks listings on all devices getting corrupted.
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
tomatoshadow2 thank you for the headers, for your privacy I will email you the bug number.